School Delays & Closings
The district posts delays and closings to local television stations, and provides text and email notifications as soon as a decision is made.
Sources for text and email notifications are provided below.
|Source||To create an account and sign up:|
|www.newmilfordps.org||District website alert page is the first access with information|
|NMPS RSS Feed||http://www.newmilfordps.org/RSS/Default.asp|
SchoolMessenger Notification System
This service allows us to send a voice mail message to all parents within minutes. The ability to deliver a message is only as successful as the contact information that we have for your child, therefore, please make certain that your child’s school has the most up-to-date direct dial numbers. In order to enhance our ability to accurately deliver that information, please create your own contact preference profile in your SchoolMessenger account. You can add phone numbers, email addresses, and text message numbers.
Our school district uses the SchoolMessenger Notification System to provide timely communication to parents and staff members on matters such as delays & closings, general interest activities and campus and district emergencies. In order to enhance our ability to accurately deliver that information, please create your own contact preference profile. You can control your notifications and add phone numbers, email addresses and text message numbers.
Steps to Change Personal Notification Settings in School Messenger:
- Go to https://go.schoolmessenger.com
NOTE: If you already have an account created, log in and skip to Step 5.
- Click on the “Sign up” link at the top right of the page.
- Fill out the requested information using the email address you have in our system.
- Click “Return to Log in page” and sign in
- Highlight your First name in the upper right corner of the screen and select “preferences”
- Here you can edit the notifications for the telephone numbers and email addresses that are associated with your name. A checked box means that you will receive the notification on that line, while an unchecked box means you will not receive a notification.
Please note: General notifications are used for delays, closures and newsletters and should be checked if you want to receive these messages.